Can Spaghetti Squash Replace Pasta?
My first hand at the overly-Pinterested spaghetti squash went insanely well. I had low-to-medium expectations for how it would turn out, and both my roommate and I were extremely, pleasantly surprised. (Yeah, I shared with her; I’m nice- I know.)
I always start my cooking with a line up of the ingredients. It looks pretty, and it makes me excited to cook. Ideally, I can’t start a good kitchen sesh without a big ‘ole glass of red (or rosè, if I’m feeling fruity) and of course, my cooking pal, Frank Sinatra.
This recipe was super easy, and relatively quick. (I got it from a tasty video on Facebook.)
Here is a very simplified version for ya-
- Pour a glass of wine, take a sip, add a little more.
- Cut the squash in half, gut it, olive oil, salt/pepper, oven that baby (flat side down) at 400 for 40 minutes.
- In a pan, cook up some chicken in olive oil; remove from pan
- Sizzle some onions/garlic/olive oil in that pan, add some sliced tomatoes, 1/4 cup chicken stock simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken back in, and the spinach, stir it up real good
- Pour in as much marinara as you want, stir a little more
- Refill your glass of wine. It should be empty by now.
- Your squash should also be done, let it cool a bit. Scrap it with a fork so it’s all stringy.
- Then dish it up, (maybe more wine if you’re like me,) and enjoy!
Easy. Low carb. Delicious.
Seriously, you won’t even believe how healthy AND good it is!!