Does anyone ever actually reach their goals?
Happy Tuesday, Everyone!
I meant to post this yesterday, but that Monday damn near killed me. So here we are.
Checking back in on my goals for last week, which were:
1. Get a good, seven hours of sleep each night
2. Eat as clean as possible, very little carbs/processed food
3. Keep my bedroom clean
4. Stop at health center to fill prescription
1. I crushed this goal. I didn’t know it was possible to feel energized all day, but I have found the light. Every night (aside from the nights I had sleepovers) I was in my bed by 10:30, asleep before 11:30. I turned down the lights and let candles illuminate the room, shut off my computer, drank my sleepytime tea, and read until my eyes grew too tired. I got out of bed without snoozing, and didn’t even need my usual 3pm redbull. I’m not kidding. This is real.
2. Eating clean. Well, you all know how this goes. I did fairly well with this goal. I ate very few carbs, tons of veggies, and made my first kale chips. The problem is, after a couple glasses of wine, I’m all for taquitos. But life’s about balance…right? 🙂
3. My bedroom is clean!!! I didn’t let coffee cups stack up on my nightstand, I threw away all the junk on my windowsill, and I put my clothes in the hamper. Let me tell you, a clean room is worth the time– makes it easier to go to sleep, and to wake up. Now I need to learn how to actually fold my laundry once it’s clean.
4. I did not pick up that prescription. I’m not even going to make excuses for this. I just didn’t do it. Now going on five weeks since I was supposed to pick this up. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? Maybe this week.
“Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection.”
What a guy. Honestly. I’m with him.
Next weeks goals:
- Continue to keep bedroom clean; fold laundry
- Continue to eat clean; start drinking water regularly; soda only on weekends
- Beginning to cut out hard liquor
I was going to clean my car this week (if you know me, it’s a disaster…), but I have a busy week ahead with schoolwork and Erica’s wedding this weekend, so I’m going to just stick with these three goals.
No use adding more stress to the ‘ole schedule.
I challenge you to focus on some goals for yourself!
Have a great week, everyone!